Monday, March 3, 2008

My Dream Digital Camera

Nowadays digital cameras are used every where with various features. The latest news I read last time was a camera that could submit pictures online to a website/blog space.

My dream camera actually is more than that. I am dreaming a camera that has GPS to tell the exact location where I took the picture, an electronic compass to tell the direction where the shot was taken to , and an electronic accelerometer to tell the orientation or tilt of the camera against horizon (e.g, postscript or landscape, altitude etc.). All these data should be stored in the picture's JPEG file as an extension to the existing EXIF format.

So, next time we want to repeat the exact snapshot, the camera can tell you. Seems thi may be helpful for crime investigators too.

No comments:

Post a Comment