Thursday, March 3, 2005

Got Answer from one of the 'Hacker'

A few weeks ago I modified an article about SHA-1 on www.wikipedia.org by adding a link to another page telling a brief biography about one of the SHA-1 hackers, a chinese researcher name Xiaoyun Wang. After a few minutes, somebody removed the link and even the new page I added due to infringement of copyrighted materials.

I was suprised, but then I sent email to the researcher asking wether she objects my writing. I got a reply few days later saying that her team and the university (Shandong University of China) are going to create a new website dedicated to this security stuff. Well, she did not really answer my questions, but at least I got a response from an expert and Ph.D in security.

Let's wait and see how their website and papers will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment